Dear Editor,With the veritable epidemic of corruption that has swept City Hall in Georgetown over the last year, does the Mayor, Patricia Chase Green, really not know why a senior officer is not taking action against certain senior officers and why he appears to be too lenient with them? How does she think one special contractor gets paid all the time, in a timely manner, whilst the other contractors are not paid for a year?How does she think the interests owed by some properties are waived whilst others have to pay?How does she not think that the employment of friends and relatives by some senior officers and some Councillors is a clear act of nepotism?And do you know that senior officers of the Council have to be disciplined by the Local Government Commission, which does not exist?Sincerely,Mark Roopan
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The City’s Annual Christmas Tree pick up is quickly approaching.If you are looking for ways to dispose of your real Christmas Tree, Saturday, January 5, 2019, Volunteers will be out collecting trees in city limits all day. The City asks that you have your tree out at your curb in an accessible spot by 8 am.For those that wish to drop of their own tree or require more time, you can do that at the Grounds Building; 9312 111 St from January 5-13th, 2019.- Advertisement –
1 Hull City have completed a deal to sign Dame N’Doye from Lokomotiv Moscow, the club have announced.The Senegalese striker joined has joined the Tigers for an undisclosed fee and signed a two-and-a-half year deal.Hull City boss Steve Bruce said: “I’m delighted to have completed the signing of Dame and I’m looking forward to seeing him in action for us.“He will undoubtedly strengthen our squad and add a significant goal threat.” Dame N’Doye
Hammers boss Slaven Bilic is keen to bring Gokhan Tore and Atiba Hutchinson to the Olympic Stadium 1 West Ham have yet to agree a fee with Besiktas for in-demand duo Atiba Hutchinson and Gokhan Tore, according to reports in Turkey.Hammers boss Slaven Bilic is determined to secure the signings from his former club this summer and has been in contact with both men to try and persuade them to join the club.But, according to Takvim, West Ham have failed to match Besiktas’ valuation for both players.The Istanbul outfit are demanding a fee of around £16million for both players and have told West Ham they will not be available to discuss a deal until such a bid is made.
DICE 2016 is a conference that aims to spark a discussion on the value of creativity and design to both business and society, while also being a source of inspiration to students and practicing designers in the North/North West of Ireland.It’s organised by the Department of Design and Creative Media at Letterkenny Institute of Technology (LYIT) and will take place on Wednesday, 6 April.The guest speakers at DICE 2016 are global leaders in design and innovation and include: Oliver Duncan Doherty, Fashion Designer and Costume Designer on Games of Thrones; James Moran from Manchester-based EON Reality who specialise in Virtual / Augmented Reality Design; Animators Laura Campbell and John McDaid; Kevin Sexton from The National Digital Research Centre; and graduates of the Department of Design & Creative Media at LYIT. Nollaig Crombie, Head of Design and Creative Media, outlined, “This is the second year that the Department of Design & Creative Media will host the DICE Conference at the Institute. I am confident that our second offering of the conference will not disappoint. We have a ‘who’s who’ line-up of guest speakers organised for the 2016 event which include leading lights from the design and creative media industry.“In addition to this, we also have a number of graduates returning to the conference as guest speakers, graduates who now provide a wealth of knowledge and insight into the design industry. Mike Guckian, a recent MA in Motion Graphics graduate at the Institute, has been very successful of late, and was recently awarded the ‘Best Public Life Award’ at the Accenture Digital Media Awards. Mike will discuss his work as the director on ‘The Virtual Trad Orchestra’.“The return of graduates such as Mike and Kevin Sexton, as guest speakers at the 2016 DICE conference, is truly inspirational for current undergraduate and postgraduate students at the Institute; it’s affirmation to their peers that our graduates are among the best in their chosen careers.”The aim of all programmes at the Department of Design & Creative Media is to develop the designer’s perception, knowledge, skills and problem-solving abilities in order to prepare students for a successful career and life. The Department of Design & Creative Media offers courses across a wide range of disciplines from Level 6 Higher Certificate to Level 9 Master’s Degree. With state-of-the-art facilities, course programmes in Graphics / Illustration, Animation, Fashion with Promotion, Photography, Audio / Video, Web Design, Interactive and Motion Design, it’s no wonder that the Department of Design & Creative Media has become the home of many award winners.Additionally, it is important to note that all of these programmes include a business stream, which supports graduates who choose to set up their own design business, and supports the design entrepreneurs of the future.DICE 2016 takes place on Wednesday 6 April at Letterkenny Institute of Technology. Registration is open to ALL and will be of particular benefit to budding entrepreneurs and small to medium businesses. This is a free of charge event. To find out more, contact Nollaig at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out www.lyitdesign.com/LYIT TO HOST CONFERENCE ON DESIGN, INNOVATION, CREATIVITY AND ENTERPRISE was last modified: April 4th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
ST MARY’S Church in Killybegs has finally got the spire its original architects wanted – 170 years later.These dramatic pictures from James McGinley today show the new spire for the chapel being put in place.The spire was fabricated by Henry McGinley & Sons Ltd, Milford for maincontractor McCann Brothers, Omagh. It is a 57-foot high fabricated steel frame which will be clad in timber and slated.Said James: “The steel structure sits on top of a 120foot stone built tower built in the 1850’s.“It is part of the €2.6 million restoration project, this was all part of the original plans of the church in the 1850s but they ran out of money.”First Communions and a number of weddings will be held in the church during the month of May and Bishop Boyce will perform the re-dedication of the building on Friday, June 1 at 7pm. IN-SPIRED! KILLYBEGS CHAPEL FINALLY GETS SPIRE – 170 YEARS LATER was last modified: March 31st, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:IN-SPIRED! KILLYBEGS CHAPEL FINALLY GETS SPIRE – 170 YEARS LATER
Hours after arresting a Northridge woman Thursday on suspicion of killing her ex-boyfriend, police believe they found the murder weapon hidden in the ceiling of her Palm Springs hotel room. And it didn’t have any sharp edges. Police said they believe Kimberly Carter, 43, shot Harry Phillips in the chest – although for two days they told the media Phillips, 42, had been stabbed to death. By putting out incorrect information, detectives said they hoped Carter would think she didn’t need to get rid of the gun, LAPD Detective Joel Price said. “She was probably thinking, ‘Who went in and stabbed him after I shot him?”‘ Price said. “Sometimes you have to be smarter than the crooks. Sometimes you have to play games with the crooks.” Carter said she last saw Phillips on Monday, according to Channel 4. She also played a recording of what she said was a voice mail message to her from Phillips in which he professed his love for her. Carter, who was on parole for robbing two banks in Detroit in 2000, was being transported late Thursday to Los Angeles, where police planned to question her. Phillips’ body was found Tuesday in the bedroom of a home on Garden Grove Avenue that Carter bought in December 2004, and where the couple lived with the suspect’s mother. But by December 2005, their relationship soured, Price said, and Phillips moved out and began dating a woman who lived in South Los Angeles. After the breakup, Carter moved to a home she owns in Henderson, Nev. The Garden Grove Avenue house had been left mostly vacant, although Carter’s mother and sister occasionally stayed there, Price said. Carter returned last weekend from Henderson and found her mother in the Garden Grove house. The two got into a fight, and Carter kicked her mother out of the house, police said. On Tuesday, Carter’s mother went to the Northridge home to pick up some of her things. She used her key to enter the house, and found Phillips’ body on the bedroom floor with a gunshot wound to the chest. Police believe he had been dead for at least 24 hours. “Why did they meet at the house?” Price said. “We may never know. Unless she tells us, we may never know.” Staff writer Dan Laidman and City News Service contributed to this report. Josh Kleinbaum, (818) 713-3669 email@example.com 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECasino Insider: Here’s a look at San Manuel’s new high limit rooms, Asian restaurant Police found a handgun stashed in the ceiling of Carter’s room in the Spa Hotel & Casino in Palm Springs, where she stayed Wednesday night, Price said. “We believe that we will be able to match that gun up to ballistic evidence that we recovered at the scene” in her Northridge home, Price said. Carter surrendered to police Thursday morning in front of a TV camera crew in Palm Springs, where authorities also discovered Phillips’ missing Chevrolet Tahoe. KNBC (Channel 4) reported that Carter had called and asked for a camera crew because she was afraid of being mistreated by police. Speaking on camera before authorities arrived, Carter denied killing Phillips, saying, “I didn’t stab him.” “I left because he was cheating on me, and he asked me to come back,” Carter said. “I came back to talk, and, I don’t know what happened.”
Juventus want to sign Manchester United defender Matteo Darmian on loan in January.The right-back has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford and he almost left in the summer.However, the Italy international ended up staying as Manchester United were not able to bring in a replacement.Juventus though, according to Tuttosport, are still interested in Darmian and want to snap him up in January.The Italian champions would ideally sign the 26-year-old on a permanent deal and they have set aside £12.5m to do so.But Manchester United are reportedly more open to a loan move and as a result Juve are preparing such an offer. 1 Matteo Darmian in action for Italy
“In the main I think Lazio have a great support. There are always a minority who want to overshadow the game and make noise for the wrong reasons and put a stain on the game.“I’m hoping that’s not going to be the case tomorrow night. I’m hoping that at the end of the game we’re talking about a great atmosphere between two great sides, playing in a great game of football.”Lazio’s ban is amongst a spate of racist incidents in the game recently, with England’s Euro 2020 qualifier in Bulgaria marred by abuse from the stands. Lennon said something had to be done to quell the rise and that players had to be protected.“There’s an underbelly now of racism not just in Italy but we’re seeing it in Eastern Europe as well,” he said. “We want to eradicate that as quickly as possible. “I have a duty of care to my players and I want them protected. They’re here to play football and it doesn’t matter the colour of their skin or their background, they’re here to play for Celtic.“As far as we’re concerned we’re a club open to everybody.“Mr Stein was right, football is nothing without the supporters. The most important people in football are the ones who play football and the ones who pay at the gate to come and support the team.”Celtic are top of Group G after two games, one ahead of the Serie A side and hoping to extend that advantage and boost their chances of making the knockout stages. “I think it’s a great game for all the fans to look forward to, and certainly the players,” Lennon said.“We’ve made a great start to the group, we’re playing very well and off the back of a great victory at the weekend, the anticipation is building for this game.“It’s hopefully going to be one of those great European nights here at Celtic Park.“It’s a key game because it’s the next one. The group is tight.“Anything can happen and the group can turn very quickly either way. If we were to win it then fantastic but if we were to lose it wouldn’t be a disaster but we’re positive about things and we’re hoping to get a positive result from the game.” Celtic boss Neil Lennon hopes the Europa League match against Lazio at Celtic Park is a “celebration of football” and free from the ugly scenes that saw the Italian side forced to shut a section of their ground.UEFA brought charges against Lazio for the racist behaviour of part of their support and have imposed a partial ground closure for the visit of the Scottish champions next month. All eyes will be on the travelling fans in Glasgow on Thursday night but Lennon hoped the positive side of the game could take precedence and fans would leave having seen a game worth remembering.He said: “I’m hoping tomorrow is a celebration of football between two great clubs.
Marshfield had 11 youth wrestlers compete in the 2018 Wisconsin Wrestling Federation Kids Folkstyle State Championships, held at the Alliant Energy Center, Madison, March 23-24.Six wrestlers placed: Ryan Dolezal, First; Caleb Dennee, Third; Owen Griesbach, Third, Brett Franklin, Third; Hoyt Blaskowski, Fourth; and Brok Carolfi, Fifth.Pictured are state qualifiers, back row from left: Blaskowski, Gavin Young, Franklin, Dolezal, Lukas Barth, Garrett Willuweit, and Keagan Cliver; front row: Carolfi, Griesbach, Dennee, and Kashton Kilty. Nikki Dennee photo