Arsenal have been charged by the English Football Association (FA) with failing to control their players during Wednesday’s 3-1 Premier League defeat at Leicester City.The incident occurred in the 75th minute of the game, when Leicester were awarded a penalty following a foul on Demarai Gray and Arsenal‘s players surrounded referee Graham Scott to protest against the decision.Arsenal were charged with “failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion,” according to a statement on the FA twitter account @FAspokesperson.Jamie Vardy tucked home the spot-kick to put Leicester 2-1 up on the night, before Riyad Mahrez added gloss to the scoreline with a late solo effort.Arsenal have until 1700 GMT on Wednesday to respond to the charge.
Sarah Geronimo’s ‘Tala’ enters Billboard’s world digital song sales chart Duterte says he will appoint Gamboa as next PNP chief Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Comelec assures no disruption in operations with retirement of execs The Beermen came back despite missing the services of Christian Standhardinger, who got ejected with still six minutes left in the second quarter after getting called for a flagrant foul penalty 2.The series resumes for Game 3 on Sunday after the Holy Week break.Calvin Abueva paced Phoenix with 16 points and 10 rebounds before fouling out with 1:10 remaining.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES View comments P260,000 each in aid to displaced Marawi folk released by US “We were lucky we were able to escape this game. We know from the start it’s going to be a hard game for us because we know they (Phoenix) are going to play very hard,” said SMB head coach Leo Austria.San Miguel, who trailed by as much as 12, played catchup for three quarters before finding its groove in the final frame behind Lassiter and Terrence Romeo.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets offers from Asia, Australian ball clubsLassiter scored nine points in the final two minutes while Romeo provided the much-needed offensive spark early in the fourth period where he unleashed eight of his 14 points.“We all know that Terrence can explode anytime,” Austria said. Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption SEA Games: Rogen Ladon enters flyweight boxing semis PLAY LIST 03:42SEA Games: Rogen Ladon enters flyweight boxing semis03:22SEA Games 2019: Charly Suarez stops Burmese foe, advances to boxing semi00:50Trending Articles02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Tim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’ Franky Johnson, Josh Munzon lift Titans to double OT win Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netMANILA, Philippines—Defending champion San Miguel Beer overcame a double-digit deficit to beat top seed Phoenix, 92-82, for a 2-0 lead in their Philippine Cup semifinals series Monday at Smart Araneta Coliseum.Reigning five-time MVP June Mar Fajardo posted a double-double with 19 points and 18 rebounds despite facing multiple defenders while Marcio Lassiter topscored with 24 points for the Beermen.ADVERTISEMENT Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? ‘Duterte legacy:’ Gov’t boasts achievements so far MOST READ
The Government of Guyana has approved the application of Surinamese Airline ‘Fly All Ways N V’ to operateSurinamese Fly All Ways airlinescheduled air services in Guyana.This will take effect from this month and will be for an initial period of two years. The airline will operate on two routes, both twice weekly – Paramaribo, Suriname to Georgetown, Guyana to Bridgetown, Barbados; and the Paramaribo, Suriname to Georgetown, Guyana to Boa Vista, Brazil using the Fokker 70 Aircraft.
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! COLUMBUS, N.M. — The 1.5-mile barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border was designed to keep cars from illegally crossing into the United States. There’s just one problem: It was accidentally built on Mexican soil. Now embarrassed border officials say the mistake could cost the federal government more than $3 million to fix. The barrier was part of more than 15 miles of border fence built in 2000, stretching from the town of Columbus to an onion farm and cattle ranch. A U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman said the vertical metal tubes were sunk into the ground and filled with cement along what officials firmly believed was the border. But a routine aerial survey in March revealed that the barrier protrudes into Mexico by 1 to 6 feet. James Johnson, whose onion farm is in the disputed area, said he thinks his forefathers may have started the confusion in the 19th century by placing a barbed-wire fence south of the border. No one discovered their error, and crews erecting the barrier may have used that fence as a guideline. “It was a mistake made in the 1800s,” Johnson said. “It is very difficult to make a straight line between two points in rugged and mountainous areas that are about two miles apart.” The Mexican government was notified and did what any landowner would do: They sent a note politely insisting that Mexico get its land back. “Our country will continue insisting for the removal (of the fence) to be done as quickly as possible,” the Foreign Relations Department said in a diplomatic missive to Washington. When the barrier was built in 2000, the project was believed to cost about $500,000 a mile. Estimates to uproot and replace it range from $2.5 million to $3.5 million.
England bounced back from Tuesday’s defeat to France as they held on to record a 2-1 victory over Mexico in their World Cup Group F clash at Moncton Stadium.Second-half goals from Fran Kirby and Karen Carney put England 2-0 up before a late strike from Fabiola Ibarra reduced the deficit in Canada.The three points moves England up to second in the group table as they sit a point behind surprise leaders Colombia, while Saturday’s opponents are bottom with just one point so far.Mexico, who drew 1-1 with Colombia earlier this week, started strongest and had numerous half-chances to take the lead.But Kenti Robles’ effort was blocked by England defender Laura Bassett, who made the starting line-up after suffering an elbow to her head during the opening defeat to France.Veronica Perez was next to have a go for Leonardo Cuellar’s side but she sent her long-range volley over the bar before England keeper Karen Bardsley kept out Nayeli Rangel’s dangerous header.After being pegged back in their own half for the majority of the opening exchanges, England pushed forward midway through the first half and Lucy Bronze crossed the ball into the box for Eniola Aluko, but the chance fizzled away as she went down under pressure from two Mexico defenders before she could get a shot in.England kept the pressure on and soon after recorded their first shot on target as Jill Scott played the ball back to Kirby, who forced goalkeeper Cecilia Santiago into a diving save to keep the scores level.Kirby failed to get a cross in before she fired wide of the target and the Reading striker set up Toni Duggan as the match approached the half-hour mark, but the latter was grounded as she attempted an overhead kick on goal before the ball appeared to touch the arm of Robles.Duggan came close again 10 minutes before the break but Santiago did well to hold out her powerful effort. Fara Williams then had a great chance to open the scoring and Jade Moore tested the Mexico stopper – before Aluko fired just over the bar – as the first half drew to a close with England dominating but unable to break the deadlock.Kirby drew a diving save out of Santiago as the second half got under way, while Scott’s chance was comfortably caught by the Mexico number one.Williams came close with a curled effort from the right wing as Mark Sampson’s side pressed for an opener with England still dominating as both sides upped the tempo after half-time.Mexico briefly threatened but England’s dominance finally paid off and they were rewarded after 70 minutes as Kirby finally broke the deadlock with a great effort.The 21-year-old collected Duggan’s cross just outside the box and beat two defenders on her way to firing in the opener as she slotted the ball home – off the post – to hand England the lead.Kirby looked for England’s second with 12 minutes remaining as they pushed forward to double their score before the Reading player struck a powerful shot which was held out by a desperate save from the diving goalkeeper.Minutes later second-half substitute Carney claimed their second as she headed Alex Greenwood’s perfect cross over Santiago from close range to make it 2-0.Mexico tried to get on the scoresheet late on but Bardsley easily held onto Stephany Mayor’s shot.England were given a late scare, though, as Mexico pulled a goal back in the final minute of normal time,Charlyn Corral did well with a shot on target which Bardsley spilled to Ibarra and she made no mistake with a close-range finish, but despite more than four minutes of stoppage time, Mexico were unable to threaten an equaliser as England held on for the spoils. Fran Kirby celebrates scoring for England 1
TOP Irish model Georgia Salpa certainly turned heads – when she dropped into a Donegal club to say hello to fans.The ex-girlfriend of Calum Best shocked the producers of a panto show earlier this month after pulling out at the last minute. And now we know why – she had a Christmas date at Ink in Letterkenny.“I love being here and I had a fantastic night,” she declared.She wasn’t however tempted by all the male talent on offer; she went back to her room at the Station House Hotel alone.The model upset dads everywhere she pulled out of The Sleeping Beauty in Dublin, a week before it was due to open. The model was due to play the part of Queen Kardashian in the production, and her decision to leave at the last minute left panto star Alan Hughes and his husband Karl Broderick, the show’s producer, non-too pleased.In a statement issued the couple said: “Her representative informed the producers that she feels she can no longer commit to the role. The producers have already been very accommodating to Georgia in her preparation for the role, that was specially written for her, and are angered at her sudden departure, which was beyond their control.”It is the second high profile event that the former girlfriend of Calum Best has withdrawn from. She was due to take part in the charity fundraiser From Catwalk to Kilimanjaro with fellow models in October, but pulled out at the 11th hour. Her place was taken by a journalist. MODEL GEORGIA TURNS HEADS AT DONEGAL NIGHTCLUB was last modified: December 24th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:georgia salp
French giants Paris Saint-Germain are keeping tabs on Everton striker Romelu Lukaku.Juventus have held a long-standing interest in the former Chelsea striker, who has scored 50 Premier League goals since arriving on Merseyside in 2013.However, the Serie A giants will face competition should they wish to sign him as, according to reports in France, PSG want him in the French capital.The Ligue 1 side lost Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Manchester United during the summer and they now wish to ease the striking burden on Edinson Cavani in attack.And Le10Sport has claimed that, despite interest in the likes of Carlos Bacca, it is Lukaku who tops their wish list.The Belgian is under contract at Goodison Park until 2019, however, and given Everton’s difficult form over the past two months – during which they’ve won just one in nine – it is unlikely they will want to sell their prize asset in January. 1 Romelu Lukaku
Joe Allen in action for Stoke City Joe Allen will miss Stoke’s trip to Manchester City due to the concussion he suffered while on international duty with Wales.The 27-year-old midfielder took a blow to the head having been caught between David Meyler and James McClean during the Republic of Ireland’s victory in Cardiff on Monday that dashed Wales’ World Cup hopes.Hughes revealed Allen had little recollection of the incident and would be missing at the Etihad Stadium because he was not far enough along in the concussion protocol process.“Joe’s not great; we’ve given him a couple of days just to stay at home,” Hughes said.“He came in yesterday (Thursday), felt a lot better, but I think the reality is he’s unlikely to be available unfortunately.“Clearly concussion’s a thing you can’t take any risk with, we’ve got to follow the protocol. Hopefully he’ll start to show some improvement and be ready to come back and train at some point next week. He’s not going to be available this week.“He was allowed home but he had a bang to the head. He found it difficult to remember the incident itself – that tells you where he’s at in terms of the severity of it.“We’ve got to be very careful. We’re being guided by the medical people here. At the moment he’s not in position to return to training.”Allen’s withdrawal 37 minutes into the World Cup qualifier proved crucial as a Wales side already missing Gareth Bale failed to get the victory they needed to secure a play-off spot.Welsh boss Chris Coleman had hinted that the Republic may have specifically targeted Allen for some rough treatment, yet Hughes is unaware of such antics while he has played for Stoke.“I can’t say I’ve seen that, that’s a surprising statement,” Hughes added.“I suppose you could argue it might be a realistic statement because he’s a good player and sometimes teams go out to stop your better players, the players that have an influence.“Certainly Joe for Wales and for us is very influential. I can understand it to a certain extent. From my own experience, I haven’t witnessed that.”Hughes also expects to once again be without captain Ryan Shawcross (back) and fellow defender Bruno Martins Indi (groin) when he takes his team to Pep Guardiola’s league leaders.City have won their last two Premier League home games 5-0 and Hughes has seen an improvement in the side they drew 0-0 with at the Etihad Stadium back in March.“As good as they were last year they still felt they needed to go into market and spend £200m to address a few areas of the team,” Hughes noted.“That’s the resources they have and they use them very, very well. They look a lot stronger this year certainly than they were last year. It’s a big test for us but it’s not one we’re not afraid of.” 1
“You need someone with bottle… but forget about Simeone!”Ray Wilkins has his say @Joey7Barton’s David Unsworth comments and who should be the next #Everton manager… pic.twitter.com/3GB0wmVPYw— Alan Brazil (@SportsBreakfast) November 8, 2017 Farhad Moshiri reportedly wants Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone to take over at Everton Ray Wilkins has told Everton to forget about landing Diego Simeone as their next permanent manager.Recent reports have claimed the Atletico Madrid boss is majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri’s number one target as he searches for a long-term successor to Ronald Koeman.But Simeone is one of the most coveted coaches in world football and Wilkins says the Toffees have no chance of persuading him to move to Goodison Park.Asked about the vacant Everton job, Wilkins said: “It’s going to take someone with a lot of bottle to go in there and sort it all out.“But Simeone? Just leave that alone, don’t even go there!”Wilkins also responded to fellow talkSPORT co-host Joey Barton’s comments about David Unsworth, having said the caretaker boss was unsuitable for the full-time role as Everton manager due to his weight.READ MORE: Joey Barton slams ‘glorified PE teacher’ David Unsworth and warns Everton could be relegatedSpeaking to Alan Brazil on Wednesday’s Sports Breakfast show, the former Chelsea and Manchester United midfielder said: “I’ve got to say, I was very saddened when I heard Joey talk about David [Unsworth].“I was really disappointed that he took on a stance of what he looks like on the side of the pitch.“Let’s be honest, we’ve all thrown on a load of timber since we’ve stopped playing, but it’s not about that, it’s about what you’re giving the club.“When I saw Everton at the weekend [against Watford in the Premier League], they went 2-0 down and I thought, ‘my goodness gracious, that is the worst performance I could have imagined from a group of guys who wanted this guy to be in management’.“But then all of a sudden, they came to the fore, they worked their socks off for him [Everton came back from 2-0 down to beat the Hornets 3-2 at Goodison].“It’s not necessarily what you look like, it’s what you can produce and the respect you have from the players that will give you those results – and that result at the weekend was paramount as far as Everton’s season is concerned.”Listen to Ray Wilkins on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast below! 1
Mr. Roger Lee Faulkner age 40 of Salem died Friday, May 15 at Jewish Hospital in Louisville.Mr. Faulkner was born August 23, 1974 in Jefferson County, Kentucky the son of David Louis and Glenda Sue McCoy Faulkner.He is survived by four children and one grandchild, his parents: David and Glenda Faulkner of Salem, a brother: David Glenn Faulkner of Louisville, and a sister: Melanie Sue McKinsley of Salem. There will be no services or visitation.