The Nigeria Cricket Federation will appoint a Cricket Services Manager for the women’s national team for the first time ever and direct fifty per cent of revenues to funding women’s cricket, a move which it says is geared towards developing the women’s game.NCF president Professor Yahaya Ukwenya made the revelation in an appearance on Channels Television where he disclosed the Federation’s commitment to equal treatment for men’s and women’s cricket.Women’s cricket in particular has found a resurgence under the Ukwenya-led NCF.The women’s national team faced Rwanda in a bilateral series early last year in what was their first international outing in years and the team recorded another first when they competed for the first-ever time at the 2019 ICC World Cup Africa Women’s Qualifiers in Zimbabwe where they defeated Mozambique and lost to Rwanda.Ukwenya said the NCF intends to build on the foundations laid so far for the women’s game by employing dedicated personnel and increasing funding to ensure rapid development of women’s cricket.“We have a very important plan for female cricket. We are on the verge of employing for the first time, female Cricket Services Manager who will oversee female cricket specifically,” Ukwenya told Channels TV.“The other thing we have planned is that fifty per cent of the resources and investment of grassroots development will go to the girls because we feel this is an area we can work on.”In addition to dedicated coaches and increased funding for the women, Ukwenya said the NCF will continue organising Inter-State competitions for female cricketers to ensure steady engagement and regular competition for the players.“Again, we have a female competition that we are going to continue regularly.“Inter-State Competitions will see that those crop of players that are playing at the moment are competing regularly and we are getting the best out of them.“Whatever we put into male cricket, we are also equally putting into female cricket as well because we are behind in this area. We didn’t start female cricket development early in Nigeria. Nevertheless, we hope that within a few years from now, we should be able to compete favourably with the best female teams on the continent.”RelatedICC Women’s World Cup: No Pressure on Female Yellow Greens, Says NCF President (AUDIO)May 5, 2019In “Cricket”Cricket Will Rival Football In Nigeria – NCF VP Uyi Akpata (AUDIO)August 11, 2020In “Cricket”Cricket Takes A Dive for Nigeria’s Sporting InterestFebruary 20, 2019In “Sports”
Share bet-at-home maintains 2020 outlook despite dire opening May 4, 2020 Flutter strengthens igaming offering with CasinoEngine December 17, 2019 mybet returns with Deutsche Eishockey play-off sponsorship March 6, 2020 Share StumbleUpon Submit Related Articles Updating the market on its half-year 2016 performance (period ending 30 June), Frankfurt-listed sports betting operator mybet Holdings SE (mybet) stated that the period was characterised by two factors; its continued decline in revenues and the sale of German horseracing wagering operator pferdewetten.de.Closing a tough H1 period, mybet would record a -16% decline in group revenues to €24 million (H1 2015: €28.7 million).The operator would disclose severe revenue declines to its online assets, with sports betting revenues down –35% to €4.4 million and casino revenues down a further -25% to €8.3 million.The continued digital decline would impact period EBITDA at – €1.3 million (H1 2015: – €816,000).mybet period earnings would be salvaged by the June sale of pferdewetten.de to a group of private investors for €9.9 million, which would result in the operator posting profits of €4.2 million.As stated in previous corporate updates, mybet governance will use the pferdewetten.de sale funds to boost its internal operations as the company aims to launch its new digital platform, which mybet stated would allow it to offer ‘four times the amount of betting markets and twice as many casino games’.mybet enters the second half of 2016, under the leadership of CFO Markus Peuler, as this month Zeno Ossko resigned from the company taking on the Managing Director role for Amaya Inc’s BetStars.
The Oscar-winning director of Get Out is creating a four-part docu-series for Amazon about Lorena Bobbitt, the Virginia woman who in 1993 notoriously cut off her husband’s member with a kitchen knife while he was sleeping.Following her attack on her then-husband John Wayne Bobbitt, Lorena threw the member in a field; it was eventually surgically reattached. Lorena, who claimed her husband abused her during their marriage, was found not guilty by reason of insanity. The couple divorced in 1995.The docu-series, titled Lorena, will cover the incident — which made Bobbit a household name — as well as the media frenzy that followed.“When we hear the name ‘Bobbitt,’ we think of one of the most sensational incidents to ever be catapulted into a full-blown media spectacle,” said Peele in a statement. “With this project, Lorena has a platform to tell her truth as well as engage in a critical conversation about gender dynamics, abuse and her demand for justice. This is Lorena’s story, and we’re honored to help her tell it.”The series will be produced under Jordan’s Monkeypaw production company.This is the latest project for the director, who is also producing the 1970s-set drama The Hunt, as well as the crime thriller Black Klansman, along with Spike Lee. He’s also working on a reboot of The Twilight Zone that has been picked up by CBS All Access.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. ABC/Randy Holmes(LOS ANGELES) — Amazon wants a “slice” of Jordan Peele’s next big project. Powered by WPeMatico Related