AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to EmailEmailEmailShare to RedditRedditRedditShare to MoreAddThisMoreA new report from the Environmental Protection Agency found that C02 emissions have decreased while fuel economy has increased every year since 2005, reversing the trend of the previous eight years.Carbon dioxide emissions dropped by 14 percent per mile over the last six years and gasoline use fell by 16 percent.(READ story from Reuters)AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to EmailEmailEmailShare to RedditRedditRedditShare to MoreAddThisMore
Senate leaders were disappointed that the task force investigating the corruption claims in the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) went easy on Health Secretary Francisco Duque III.(MANILA BULLETIN FILE PHOTO)Senate President Vicente Sotto III said he was “dumbfounded” that Duque was spared from any liabilities over the alleged irregularities in the state health insurer as recommended by the Department of Justice-led Task Force PhilHealth.“No Duque? No Del Rosario? I’m dumbfounded! Article 217 of the RPC [Revised Penal Code] is very clear,” Sotto said in a message to reporters Tuesday when asked for comment.The Senate chief, who led the chamber’s investigation on the controversies in the PhilHealth last month, has maintained that Duque, as the ex-officio chairman of the corporation’s Board of Directors, should be held accountable for the questionable releases of the agency to some health care facilities under the Interim Reimbursement Mechanism (IRM).The Board governs policies and programs of the PhilHealth. For this reason, the Senate recommended the filing of malversation and graft charges against Duque. Senators also called for charges against PhilHealth senior vice president for Legal Sector Atty. Rodolfo Del Rosario for neglect of duty for failing to act on the cases filed before the state insurer.The Task Force, on the other hand, reportedly recommended that Duque and members of the board only be “strongly admonish[ed] and remind[ed] of the grave consequences of their action and inaction” over the PhilHealth’s funds and to the government and the people. Del Rosario was also spared in the task force’s report.“Perhaps the Ombudsman would have a better perspective of the anomalies,” Sotto said.“Mabuti na lang, the Ombudsman does not rely its investigations on task forces. They have motu propio powers,” he added.Senate President Pro Tempore Ralph Recto said he welcomes the recommendation of the high-level task force to file criminal and administrative charges against PhilHealth officials, including ex-president and chief executive officer Ricardo Morales, but said the DOJ report should also have included Duque.While saying he has yet to fully read the task force’s recommendation, Recto opined that the DOJ report, like the Senate, failed to establish the accountability of the members of the PhilHealth board over the mess.“To me, what is lacking in both Senate and in the DOJ report…is the accountablity of the members of the board itself. Remember it is the board ang nagbabantay dapat ng management ng PhilHealth (who should be guarding the PhilHealth). If the board did its job then there should be no problem,” REcto said in an interview with CNN Philippines.“Bakit pinabayaan ng board ang PhilHealth (Why did the Board abandon PhilHealth)? Considering that PhilHealth is one of the most important GFI (government financial institution) and GOCC (government owned and controlled corporation) that we have,” he added, pointing out that Cabinet secretaries and experts in finance, health, social services were designated by law to ensure the that the national health insurance funds are properly spent.Recto agreed with Sotto that Duque could be held liable under criminal laws for admitting that he had no idea that there were irregularities in the PhilHealth.“That is correct, at the very least that should have been included in the DOJ report,” he said.Still, he said DOJ remains a “recommendatory body” and the Ombudsman will have the final say on the charges to be filed against responsible officials.“More investigation should be done by appropriate govt agencies, in this case, it should be the Ombudsman…It is the Ombudsman who will be in the final investigation, and I trust the Ombudsman will do its job properly,” he added. SIGN UP TO DAILY NEWSLETTERCLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP
Followers 1 49 Members Share this post Sports Logo News erlovepuck Not a half bad looking jersey. I actually like it. BBTV Members 643 posts Recommended Posts Mets powder blue prototype Posted May 2, 2012 18,004 Share on other sites FooMasterX5 4,499 Link to post Gothamite Posted May 2, 2012 Link to post 0 Sign in to follow this Members 10 3,722 posts Posted May 4, 2012 65 By Top Shelf, May 2, 2012 in Sports Logo News Gothamite 2,826 posts Location:Buffalo, NY 0 18,004 BigBubba the user formerly known as NJTank Location:New York Another interesting thing is that it appears to be a pullover, but has the neck stitching as if there was a button placket going up and around (the “spoon” stitching so to speak.)Yes thats what I found the most interesting as well. I dont recall seeing that type of neckline back when pullovers were the rage. 49 138 posts Forums Home 18,004 Initialisms Suck 786 Members 46,552 posts I think the Mets made a wise decision in never going powder blue. Royal and orange simply do not go well with powder, at least not nearly as well as they do with grey. Share this post Share on other sites Posted May 2, 2012 Share this post Followers 1 erlovepuck Posted May 5, 2012 447 Share on other sites 22,645 447 447 Not a fan of the chest logo, but if you put a “Mets” script on it, it would look pretty good. 65 Sports Logo News The NY used here is the same one they wore on their jackets at the time.Personally I like the way powder blue looks with blue & orange, I wouldn’t want them to wear it now but it would have been fine in the 80s. What I don’t like about the prototype is that there’s a white outline on the NY but not in the racing stripes. Looks mismatched.Amazing find though, can’t believe I never knew about this. Share this post 0 Share on other sites 39 Share this post Share this post Posted May 2, 2012 14 22,645 Ferdinand Cesarano 4,499 0 14 Share on other sites 0 All Activity Share this post Link to post Location:in phone 4 MattD1972 Members Looks okay,kinda like the powder blue but I don’t like that NY logo.I would have rather the Mets go powder blue than black… just orange blue white and grey please haha BBTV Share on other sites 786 SportsLogos.Net SportsLogos.Net 10 Mets powder blue prototype 786 Another interesting thing is that it appears to be a pullover, but has the neck stitching as if there was a button placket going up and around (the “spoon” stitching so to speak.) Share on other sites 0 39 Members 8,818 posts This was shown at a panel at Hofstra this past weekend:It was intended to be used at some point in the 80’s. To me, the most interesting aspect of it (besides it being powder blue, because everyone wore powder blue back then) is that it has a different interlocking NY. And overall, it actually doesn’t look half bad. I wonder why the ultimately ended up scrapping it? Link to post Lot of outlines on that “NY” logo, as well. All Activity Posted May 2, 2012 Link to post 615 posts Fox Posted May 2, 2012 Fox Share this post five boroughs, one City. 0 Members Posted May 6, 2012 Sports Logos 4 FooMasterX5 Sports Logos Share on other sites 4,499 I did a mock-up of the full uniform based on what we have here, needing to make a few educated guesses.Is there a date on this? I’m guessing 1982 or 1983, when the switch to the racing stripes was underwayIt looks like they could not choose between v-neck or button-front with placket. I went with what was eventually chosen and went with v-neck. To save time, I opted for a squashed cap logo rather than spend a lot of time on illustrator trying to get an old Giants logo to look right.By the end, two things occurred to me: This uniform sucked. BAD. Doubleday and Cashen did seem to be a check, at least early on, against Wilpon’s [email protected]#$ crazy instincts. kevinmets Posted May 2, 2012 Link to post 39 Posted May 2, 2012 Share on other sites sportstar1212 65 0 4 8,272 posts Forums Home Sign in to follow this Top Shelf 53,285 posts Link to post Members Share this post MattD1972 Share on other sites Members The NY used here is the same one they wore on their jackets at the time.Personally I like the way powder blue looks with blue & orange, I wouldn’t want them to wear it now but it would have been fine in the 80s. What I don’t like about the prototype is that there’s a white outline on the NY but not in the racing stripes. Looks mismatched.Amazing find though, can’t believe I never knew about this.It’s also the same NY they used on the warmup:Incidentally, the cap logo on the warmup looks really nice for many teams:Back to the Mets unis: I really like the cap logo on the chest. I would love to have seen this logo on a grey button-down jersey, with piping, analogous to the Giants’ secondary road jersey which resembles the one used in the 80s:But powder blue would have looked awful on the Mets, as it did on all teams apart from the Royals, who did it well with this uni:(By the way, the guy in the original picture is my brother, Mike Cesarano. I am Ferdinand Cesarano. When I signed up here, I think I found that “ferdinandcesarano” was too long for a user name; so I used my last name only.) 0 0 Link to post prolix proletarian Link to post 10 Mets powder blue prototype 0 Link to post This topic is now closed to further replies. Share on other sites Top Shelf Ferdinand Cesarano BigBubba kevinmets Members 22,645 Share this post Share this post 951 posts Go To Topic Listing sportstar1212 Members 49 551 posts 14 Link to post
Joe Faraoni / ESPN Images(WASHINGTON) — Facing a growing boycott by Philadelphia Eagles players refusing to visit the White House Tuesday, President Trump decided to disinvite the Super Bowl champions and throw a celebration of the National Anthem instead, administration officials tell ABC News.Over the course of the last several days, many Eagles players have been backing out of attending the traditional presidential Super Bowl celebration because of Trump’s controversial comments about the NFL and players who have staged protests during the anthem.The president chose to change the nature of the event in light of the boycott, one official said.“He found having a smaller group come to the White House to be unsatisfactory,” the official told ABC.In an unusual move, Trump himself issued a statement Monday evening.“The Philadelphia Eagles are unable to come to the White House with their full team to be celebrated tomorrow. They disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country,” the statement said.“The Eagles wanted to send a smaller delegation, but the 1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better. These fans are still invited to the White House to be part of a different type of ceremony—one that will honor our great country, pay tribute to the heroes who fight to protect it, and loudly and proudly play the National Anthem. I will be there at 3:00 p.m. with the United States Marine Band and the United States Army Chorus to celebrate America.”Eagles fans who RSVPd can still come to Tuesday’s event but no one from the Philadelphia team or management will be attending, the source confirmed.Asked if any players were still invited to come to the White House, the official replied: “If they all decide to stand [for the anthem], we would be open to having that conversation.”Wide receiver Torrey Smith, who was part of the Eagles winning team but has since been traded to Carolina Panthers, tweeted back at the president over his statement.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico Related
Today, at approximately 11:30 a.m., the Indiana State Police responded to a two vehicle head on collision on Old US 421 (Michigan Road) south of County Road 520 West in Decatur County that resulted in the death of a St. Paul man. The initial investigation by Trooper Matt Holley indicated that a maroon 2005 Ford Explorer, being driven by Melissa R. Kilian, age 41, Shelbyville, Indiana, was traveling southbound on Old US 421 near St. Paul, Indiana.Kilian’s vehicle collided head on with a silver 2004 Chevrolet Silverado, being driven by Bruce W. Parish, age 28, St. Paul, Indiana. As a result of the collision, Parish sustained fatal injuries in the crash. He was pronounced deceased at the scene by the Decatur County Coroner’s Office. Kilian suffered possible life threatening injuries in the crash.She was transported by medical helicopter to an Indianapolis hospital for treatment of her injuries.At this time, the investigation is ongoing to determine which vehicle crossed the centerline. It is unknown if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.Both families have been notified.Old US 421 was closed for approximately two hours for crash investigation and cleanup.Trp. Holley was assisted by the Decatur County Sheriff’s Department, Greensburg Fire Department, Adams Fire Department, St. Paul Fire Department, Decatur County EMS, IU Health Medical Helicopter, and the Decatur County Coroner’s Office.