Having spent the last year and a half building this tiny home prototype, the Saat family believes that “the future of real estate is tiny homes on wheels.” Watch this video to learn about their plans to change a desert outside Los Angeles to a tiny-home oasis and build a 20-floor tiny-home tower in the heart of New York City. This content is for subscribers only.Subscribe Now
Brian Conley as Ebenezer Scrooge in “A Christmas Carol” (Photo: c/o Storyhouse PR) London audiences are going to be feeling tidings of comfort and joy this holiday season because Alan Menken, Lynn Ahrens and Mike Ockrent’s A Christmas Carol is coming back to the stage. Olivier nominee Brian Conley will star as Ebenezer Scrooge in this staged concert at the West End’s Dominion Theatre. The limited engagement will run from December 7, 2020 to January 2, 2021. Shaun Kerrison is set to direct.Based on the Charles Dickens classic, this A Christmas Carol first premiered in 1994 at New York’s Paramount Theatre and ran for a decade at Madison Square Garden.Conley has appeared on the West End stage in Me and My Girl, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Hairspray, Oliver!, The Music Man, Barnum and Jolson, which earned him an Olivier Award nomination. In 1995, he received the prestigious National Television Award for Most Popular Comedy Performer.Covid safety measures and social distancing will be in place front of house, on stage, backstage and throughout the Dominion Theatre. The production is also offering 900 free tickets to key workers and their families.This production of A Christmas Carol is not to be confused with Jack Thorne’s adaptation, which recently announced it will be livstreaming from London’s Old Vic Theater this season prior to returning to Broadway next year.The new musical The Prince of Egypt, which was playing at the Old Dominion Theater at the time of the theater shutdown, will resume its run in the spring 2021 pending U.K. government advice. View Comments
Florida state courts to implement new communications plan January 15, 2016 Regular News Florida state courts to implement new communications plan The evolving world of communications has changed many aspects of life in the 21st century, but the foundation of public trust that courts need to carry out their mission must remain as solid as it has been for more than two centuries. The Florida Supreme Court has approved a statewide Court Communication Plan that balances both of those realities. “Florida’s courts are committed to enhancing public understanding of and support for the judicial branch, as well as building and maintaining strong relationships with the other branches of state government and all our partners in the justice system,” Chief Justice Jorge Labarga said. “Of course, any viable communication plan must strongly emphasize the need to be responsive to and even proactive with the media as reporters carry out their important work. This plan does so.” The plan titled “Delivering Our Message” was developed with input from judges, the press, court public information officers (PIOs), and other court staff from around the state. Designed to be implemented over five years, the plan will serve as a guide for the entire branch statewide, Labarga said. It stresses greater use of court PIOs to provide information to the press and the public about what Florida’s state courts do. Much of the plan is modeled after the Florida Supreme Court’s Public Information Office, which enters its 20th year in 2016. The plan calls for use of communications technology and social media to the extent appropriate in judicial settings but also emphasizes the importance of age-old principles essential to any healthy communication dynamic — building and maintaining relationships of trust and training for emergencies and other high-stress cases, such as high-profile trials and hearings. The plan, developed by the Supreme Court’s Judicial Management Council, is designed to be a user-friendly resource for the court staff and judges who will be implementing it. Tenth Circuit Judge Olin W. Shinholser, who sits on the JMC, believes the plan will improve communication between Florida’s judicial branch and the public, as well as court users, other parts of government, and justice partners of the courts. “It’s a very comprehensive plan that has a lot to offer to the circuits, both on a theoretical basis and a practical basis,” the Sebring judge said, adding that the more information people have about their courts the more likely they will be “to trust, use, and support the courts.” The nonprofit Florida Court Public Information Officers, Inc., based in Tallahassee, already has scheduled a training session in mid-March in Orlando to begin implementation. “The work that we do in Florida’s courts is important because we touch real lives each and every day,” 11th Circuit Chief Judge Bertila Soto said. “As we undertake this key role in society, it is extremely important to maintain active and meaningful communications with the communities we serve so they are well-informed about how to access the courts and we, in turn, are more in tune with their needs. “This communication plan is comprehensive and well thought out and will be a vital tool to achieving that goal, especially in the areas of social media platforms, which are increasingly playing central roles in the public dialogue,” she said. The plan identifies four strategic issues, with detailed goals and strategies outlined for each. The first strategic goal is “Enhancing Public Trust and Confidence.” Others include “Speaking With One Voice – Key Messages” and “Improving Communication Methods.” The last is “Strengthening Internal Communication.” “As judges, we are excited to see Florida courts begin another chapter in our rich history of access and transparency,” Chief Justice Labarga said. Florida has long been a pioneer in increasing public access to court information. In the mid-1970s, Florida was the first state to let cameras into its courtrooms. The Supreme Court’s first web page went online in 1994 when the Internet was still in its infancy. The Supreme Court established its Public Information Office in 1996. That office’s first major transparency program — broadcasting all high-court arguments live on television, satellite, and the Web — began in 1997 and has been showcased in every high-profile case since. Every judicial circuit has had a designated public information officer since 2003. The Florida Supreme Court began sending official tweets in 2009. The plan can be found at www.floridasupremecourt.org/pub_info/documents/2016-Judicial-Branch-Court-Communication-Plan.pdf.
Minnesota’s last overtime win came on Sept. 3 against Providence. Maddie Gaffney scored the game-winning goal with 20 seconds remaining in the second overtime as Minnesota won 1-0.Gernes said she knew Minnesota was going to score and win the game when McGahn rushed down the field with the ball.“We all felt it. I felt it. I was like, ‘this one’s going in. This one’s going to be the one that we score on.’ It had been a long time coming,” Gernes said.Gernes said the crowd will be a huge factor in determining Minnesota’s fate and is excited that Minnesota will play Wisconsin. Minnesota has lost only two games at home this season.“The last time out, we weren’t happy with the way the game ended against them,” Gernes said. “I think it’ll be a good game.”Minnesota will be at home on the field at Elizabeth Lyle Robbie Stadium on Sunday against Wisconsin (12-4-2, 6-3-2 Big Ten) for its Big Ten quarterfinal game. The game’s start time has yet to be determined. Gophers win on golden goal to send team into Big Ten tournamentMinnesota won 1-0 over Nebraska Wednesday, clinching home-field advantage for the Big Ten quarterfinal.Chris DangSenior forward Julianna Gernes dribbles up the field on Nov. 4, 2016 at Elizabeth Lyle Robbie Stadium. Erik NelsonOctober 26, 2017Jump to CommentsShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via EmailPrintFor the fifth time this season, Minnesota (11-4-3, 7-3-1 Big Ten) took its opponent into overtime. This time around, the Gophers scored in 101st minute Wednesday night against Nebraska (9-5-5, 3-3-5 Big Ten) in Lincoln, Nebraska.Forward Julianna Gernes scored her ninth goal of the season with nine minutes left to play in the second overtime, giving Minnesota a 1-0 victory. Midfielder Molly Fiedler and forward Kellie McGahn earned assists. Gernes said she was frustrated that she couldn’t score in regulation.“I knew how much the team wanted to have one more home game,” Gernes said. “That was the biggest driving factor for our team.”With the win, Minnesota enters the Big Ten tournament as the third seed. The Gophers will play their first game on Sunday. Nebraska outshot Minnesota 10-7, but Minnesota had five shots on goal. Goalkeeper Kailee Sharp made two saves for her ninth victory and sixth shutout of the season.Minnesota played the game without one of its starting defenders, Tori Burnett, who was injured. Head coach Stefanie Golan said the team had to gut it out and adjust its defensive system.“It’s always great [to win], especially when you know you need it to get that home-field advantage. [Nebraska] is a tough team to find a rhythm against on a consistent basis,” Golan said. “We had a day to implement a new system. I thought [the team] did really well to lock in and trust us.”
COLOMBIA: National infrastructure agency ANI has begun tendering for a contract worth up to 720m pesos to operate the 257 km Bogotá — Belencito route. Proposals are due to be submitted by 10.00 on February 7.Bidders are expected to include Dracol Líneas Férreas which has operated the 914 mm gauge route under a contract which is due to expire on February 28. According to Operations Director Luis Fernando Sánchez, traffic has included cement moving from Belencito to Bogotá, while passenger services have been operated to carry students from Bogotá to universities in Zipaquirá.Dracol also hopes that the 80 staff currently at work on the railway will transfer to the replacement operator under the new contract which starts in March.
Blackburn were quick to open the scores, Bradley Johnson blasting the visitors into the lead after only two minutes.City had a handful of half chances, notably Ashley Williams and Niclas Eliasson saw goal-bound efforts deflected wide, before Adam Armstrong pounced to double Rovers’ advantage late in the second half.Famara Diédhiou went closest to halving the deficit but he was unable to reach a Jack Hunt cross, before the full-time whistle sounded in BS3.